Smarter Health Privacy Statement
Smarter Health is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our electronic platforms and in using our products and services (“Service” or “Services”). This Privacy Statement describes how we handle personal information and the choices available to you regarding the use of, your access to, and how to update and correct your personal information. Additional information on our personal information practices may be provided in notices provided at the time of data collection.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect information, including personal information, about you or your customers, as you use our websites and interact with our electronic platforms. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, social media account information, or payment card number. If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information. We also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including booking of transactions.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Creating an account.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our electronic platforms with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide Smarter Health with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference material to a friend or job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or contacting [email protected]
In some instances, Smarter Health and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for you.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving and customizing our Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Solution you have requested.
- Supporting and improving our Solutions and your online experience.
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Administering and processing your certification exams.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from Smarter Health or from our partners.
You can edit your communication preferences at any time. See Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences below.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date. To update your personal information and communication preferences, please contact us.
We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access or correct your data if it is inaccurate. We will respond to your request to access data within 30 days.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
By using our websites or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the websites. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites or by sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach, please notify us.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving and customizing our Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or with your consent. We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within Smarter Health or with trusted third parties for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With Smarter Health business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services. To opt-out of Smarter Health sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please contact us.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Smarter Health, its business partners, you, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Security of Your Personal Information
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Smarter Health implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide to us.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Like many websites, Smarter Health uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website. They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. It allows web servers to locate and identify your computer, this is a unique address assigned to your PC by your Internet service provider or information systems department on a TCP/IP network.
- Clickstream behavior. For example, the pages you view and the links you click.
These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies. There is currently no industry standard for how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may develop in the future. We do not respond to “do not track” signals at this time. If we do so in the future, we will describe how in this Privacy Statement.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites (and all websites) you visit.
Forums and Chat Rooms
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities, or chat room on Smarter Health websites, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e. your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither Smarter Health nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Smarter Health is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at [email protected] In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Smarter Health encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Smarter Health does not knowingly collect personal information from children without proper parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without parental or guardian consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
Smarter Health may transfer your personal information to third parties and business partners as described above. By using our websites and Solutions or providing any personal information to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
Updates to this Smarter Health Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
The Smarter Health Privacy Statement was revised and posted as of September 25, 2020.