Established since 1976, Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital is a leading private hospital in Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
Before becoming a cancer specialised hospital, Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital initially started out as a nursing home for elderly people with cancer. It subsequently became recognised as one of the best cancer hospitals in Malaysia.
Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital comes with modern medical equipment such as the CyberKnife and TomoTherapy.
There are 150 medical personnel in this hospital consisting of cancer specialists or oncologists, and other medical nurses.
Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital has a Needy Cancer Patient Fund program that allows underprivileged cancer patients to undergo cancer treatment at the hospital.
Services & Facilities at Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital
Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital is equipped with a wide range of medical facilities such as:
- CT Scan
- Dietary Services
There are also non-medical facilities at Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital:
- Airport Transfers
- Pastoral Care
Medical Specialties at Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital
Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital provides the following cancer-focused medical subspecialties:
- Brain Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Nasopharyngeal Cancer
- Ovarium Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
Doctor Recommendations at Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital
Operating Hours at Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital
The operational hours at Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital are:
- Monday-Friday, 09.00-17.00 local time.
- Saturday, 09.00-12.30 local time..
To check the availability of and book an appointment with a preferred doctor, please contact Smarter Health, the official representative of Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital.
Room Rates at Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital
Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital provides various inpatient room type options:
- Open Wards (for women), start from RM260 per day.
- Double, start from RM300 per day.
- Single, start from RM350 per day.
- Superior Single, start from RM390 per day.
- Deluxe Single, start from RM440 per day.
Treatment fee estimates:
- Chemotherapy – RM2,000 – RM30,000 (depending on the type of cancer and drug dosage)
- Oral Chemotherapy – RM5,000 – RM30,000 (depending on the drug dosage)
- Targeted therapy – RM10,000 – RM30,000 per cycle.
- Immunotherapy – RM10,000 – RM30,000 per cycle.
- 3D Radiation – RM8,700 – RM12,400
- Brachytherapy – RM6,000 – RM7,000 per session.
- Hippocampal Radiotherapy – RM17,900 – RM20,900
- TOMO/IMRT – RM21,500 – RM25,500
- CyberKnife, start from RM38,000
All the prices above are subject to change without prior notice.
Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital's Address
23, Jalan Bulan, Tanjung Tokong, 11200 Tanjung Bungah, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
Recommended Hotels Near Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital
You can opt to stay at the following hotels located near Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital:
- Hotel Mercure Penang Beach, can be reached within a 4-minute drive from the hospital.
- Hotel Sentral Seaview, can be reached within a 6-minute drive from the hospital.
- Baan Talay Homestay, can be reached within a 7-minute drive from the hospital.