Island Hospital Penang was established in 1996 in Penang, Malaysia. Island Hospital Penang is recognised as one of the best healthcare providers in Malaysia. The hospital received acknowledgement from the Malaysian Ministry of Health in 2012 for being the ‘Top Medical Tourism Hospital’. In addition, Island Hospital Penang is accredited through the Malaysia Society for Quality in Health (MSQH).
Each year, Island Hospital Penang serves about 300,000 patients. With an inpatient capacity of up to 300 patients, Island Hospital is supported by a team of well-qualified doctors who have attended the best training in the UK, United States and Australia. This makes Island Hospital recognised as a hospital with high credibility.
The use of advanced technology is one of Island Hospital’s advantages. Among the cutting-edge technology available at the hospital are the 3 Tesla MRI machines, the Fibroscan to diagnose liver disease, 3D laparoscopic surgery and the anti-gravity treadmill. Island Hospital Penang is able to provide one-day diagnosis results because of its implementation of modern laboratories and technologies.
Services & Facilities at Island Hospital Penang
Capacity of Island Hospital Penang:
- 300 inpatient rooms
Facilities at Island Hospital Penang include:
- International Patient Services
- Modern Medical Equipment
- Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- Laboratory Services
- Emergency Room
Medical Specialties at Island Hospital Penang
Island Hospital Penang provides the following medical specialties:
- Paediatric Medicine
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Men’s Health
- Women’s Health
- Internal Medicine
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Clinical Psychology
Doctor Recommendations at Island Hospital Penang
Below are specialist doctors you can find at Island Hospital Penang:
Operating Hours at Island Hospital Penang:
The operational hours at Island Hospital Penang are:
- Monday – Friday, 8.30 – 17.00 local time.
- Saturday, 8.30 – 13.00 local time.
- Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
It is advised to check your preferred doctor’s on-leave schedule one month in advance. Please contact Smarter Health, the official representative of Island Hospital Penang, to check on your preferred doctor’s schedule and to book an appointment.
Room Rates at Island Hospital Penang
- Doctor’s consultation fee, start from RM80.
- Inpatient room at Island Hospital Penang, start from RM100.
- Patient care, start from RM40.
- Doctor’s consultation fee on the first visit, start from RM80. For upcoming visits, the rates are varied, starting from RM40. There will be 50% added fee for non-scheduled consultation.
All the prices above are subject to change without prior notice.
Medical Check Up Costs at Island Hospital Penang
Island Hospital Penang's Address
Island Hospital Penang is located at 308 Macallster Road, 10450, Penang, Malaysia.
Recommended Hotels Near Island Hospital Penang
You may opt to stay in the following hotels located near Island Hospital Penang:
- YMCA Hotel, only 10-minute walking distance from the hospital.
- Penang Inn VIP Villa, about 10-minute driving distance from the hospital.
- Isabella Villa Condominium, about 13-minute driving distance from the hospital.
- One Pacific Hotel, about 17-minute driving distance from the hospital.