I specialise in digestive diseases, endoscopic procedures (gastroscopy, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, polypectomy, endoscopic variceal ligation and capsule endoscopy), liver diseases, viral hepatitis, fatty liver, liver cirrhosis, liver cancer and liver transplantation.
Prior to entering private practice, I was:
- Director of Clinical Services, Senior Consultant, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, National University Hospital (NUH)
- Senior Consultant of the Liver Transplant Programme at the National University Centre for Organ Transplantation
- Clinical Lead for the Hepatobiliary Tumor Group at the National University Cancer Institute
- Assistant Professor at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Core Faculty Member for the Gastroenterology & Hepatology Senior Residency programme at NUH
I completed my specialist training in Singapore and obtained membership of the Royal College of Physicians (UK), as well as attained my Master of Medicine from the National University of Singapore. I received further advanced specialist training in Gastroenterology & Hepatology and undertook my fellowship and research training in advanced hepatology and transplant hepatology at the Recanati/Miller Transplantation Institute and the Tisch Cancer Institute, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York, USA). The prestigious Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) was conferred to me in 2018.
Learn more about Mount Elizabeth (Orchard) Hospital here: https://www.smarterhealth.my/hospital/mount-elizabeth-hospital-singapore/
Learn more about me here: https://www.smarterhealth.my/specialist-doctor/tan-poh-seng/
I am excited to be here to share/discuss Digestive and Liver Health with everyone. Whether you’ve got questions about digestive or liver conditions, ask me anything!
Want to ask a question? Submit your question at the bottom of this page. Don’t forget to include your name and email address to get notified when the doctor answers your question.
Doctor, I am 58 years old. Almost a year ago, I had abdominal pain on the lower right side of my waist. During that time I was treated by a doctor and my diagnosis was gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). During treatment, an ultrasound was done, as well as a laboratory blood test. I also took medication. However, until now, there is no change and I still experience the pain. What should I do? Thank you.